tisdag 2 oktober 2007
Minimalism, pattern music, phase music... Call it what you want, but this is the genre Terry Riley single handedly created in the mid-60's and what he is best known for. Back then high-tech, now dinosaur music, it still have the ability to hypnotize you into a dreamy, introspective world. An interesting note for the fellow Nintendo/Rare dwellers is that the title track is pretty similar in style with much of the Donkey Kong Country 3 soundtrack.
1. A Rainbow in Curved Air (18:39)
2. Poppy Nogood and the Phantom Band (21:38)
Styles: Ambient, Minimalism, Tape Music
måndag 1 oktober 2007
You know the cheesy title music for A Clockwork Orange? This is a full-lenght album by that composer, here preforming 18th century western european classical music compositions with a moog synthesizer. Expect a healthy amount of microtonality!
1. Monteverdi: "Orfeo Suite" (Toccata; Ritornello I; Choro II; Ritornello II; Choro II; Ritornello II)
2. Scarlatti: "Sonata In G Major"
3. Scarlatti: "Sonata In D Major"
4. Handel: "Water Music: Bourree"
5. Handel: "Water Music: Air"
6. Handel: "Water Music: Allegro Deciso"
7. Scarlatti: "Sonata In E Major"
8. Scarlatti: "Sonata In D Major"
9. Bach: "Brandenburg Concerto #4 in G Major: Allegro"
10. Bach: "Brandenburg Concerto #4 in G Major: Andante"
11. Bach: "Brandenburg Concerto #4 in G Major: Presto"
12. Monteverdi: "Domine Ad Adjuvandum" (from the 1610 Vespers)
13. Sound Test Tone
Styles: Electronic, Microtonal